google-site-verification: google935433b691795853.html KRISTY BERRIDGE: Follow Friday #10

Friday 9 December 2011

Follow Friday #10

Happy Friday everyone!
Yes, it’s that time of week again where bloggers unite to participate in the Follow Friday venture. The idea behind #FF is to promote traffic to your own blog, make new friends with other like-minded bloggers and discuss new and interesting topics each week.
Participating is simple. First you need to follow my blog because I’m totally awesome, then you can follow me on Twitter @kristyberridge (actually you don’t have to do this, it’s wishful thinking), but do follow my blog or assassins will get you …
Then you must follow our illustrious hosts Rachel of http://www.parajunkee.com/ and Alison of http://www.alisoncanread.com/ If you want more details on how to enter your own blog in the follow and hop, all directions are on their webpages
Now, once you’ve followed, check out my answer to this week’s questions and don’t forget to leave a comment so I can do the right thing and follow you back!

This week's question: Keeping with the spirit of giving this season, what book do you think EVERYONE should read and if you could, you would buy it for all of your family and friends?
Answer: My book The Hunted of course! EVERYONE should go out right now and buy it. Really ... right now. Your burning daylight just standing there.
Okay, so I'm kidding. Not really, but I do realise that I should give you an answer that's not self-endorsing.
So, if I had to choose a book that I think everyone should read, and I know this is going to sound supremely boring, but it's a dictionary. I don't know how many times a day I cringe, listening to people around me use incorrect words within sentences or spell them wrong in messages. And don't even get me started on the up and coming youth. Give them a dictionary? Some of them need to be slapped in the face with one!
So yes, this is probably why everyone says I'm a crappy aunt, because I suggest dictionaries instead of Steven King or Stephanie Meyer, but there you have it. I clearly suck (except my super awesome book The Hunted).

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your book.
    New follower for FF.
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promised a couple of fellow book bloggers I wouldn’t “machine gun” my Follow Friday posts on the blogs I visit but this week’s Follow Friday has inspired me to make an important exception.

    The book I think everyone should read is a work of non-fiction called The Four Hour Workweek. The thing is, the book is very well written and entertaining so it reads like a work of fiction. What the book can do to enhance your life and change the way you live day by day seems unbelievable on its face which might mark it a legitimate work of fiction for the skeptics out there.

    If you read this work of non-fiction and really follow the advice it gives and apply the insights you’ll gain, your life will read like a modern tale fairytale.

    I encourage, implore and even insist you follow me back to my book blog so you can find out why I think EVERYONE should read The Four Hour Workweek – http://www.howardsherman.net

    TGIFF!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. No shame in being proud of your own book. You should be.
    And I should read the dictionary more too.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete

Yes! I absolutely love your comments, and, now that I have read through the blogger instructions and actually know how to answer them, we are all sweet - so please, write!