google-site-verification: google935433b691795853.html KRISTY BERRIDGE: Follow Friday #30

Friday 27 April 2012

Follow Friday #30


Happy Friday everyone!
Yes, it’s that time of week again where bloggers unite to participate in the Follow Friday venture. The idea behind #FF is to promote traffic to your own blog, make new friends with other like-minded bloggers and discuss new and interesting topics each week.
Participating is simple. First you need to follow my blog because I’m totally awesome, then you can follow me on Twitter @kristyberridge (actually you don’t have to do this, it’s wishful thinking), but do follow my blog or assassins will get you …
Then you must follow our illustrious hosts Rachel of http://www.parajunkee.com/ and Alison of http://www.alisoncanread.com/ If you want more details on how to enter your own blog in the follow and hop, all directions are on their webpages
Now, once you’ve followed, check out my answer to this week’s questions and don’t forget to leave a comment so I can do the right thing and follow you back!





This week's question: Have you had a character that disappointed you? One that you fell in love with and then 'broke up' with later in either a series or a stand-alone book? Tell us about him or her.


My answer: Kudos, Parajunkee for picking Anita Blake. Talk about a whiplash of hypocrisy, I couldn't agree more! Anita Blake was empowerment for women, serious vampire killer, and extremely choosey when it came to her men. Now she's forgotten her natural talents in lieu of metaphysical ones, sleeps with vampires rather than staking them, and still spends far too much time arguing with anyone who'll listen about her sex life! 


But, although this is definitely my pick too, I will say in Richelle Mead's Succubus series I was mad keen for Seth for a while. I backed that mortal through thick and thin, and then I fell for Roman, the bad boy half angel introduced early on into the series. For a while I was totally barracking for him, but I suspect more than anything for a change of pace and to tickle my fancy. Naturally, I came back around to Mr.Right (Seth) again, but it still didn't stop me from wanting the bad boy. Typical.







Have a great weekend everyone!


Kristy :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Seth annoyed me too for awhile! I never read the Anita Blake books, even though the author is local for me. I guess I just heard about her character like you mentioned and didn't want any part of it!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping thru! Nice choices, though I haven't read either author.

    Stop by my #FF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of Anita Blake answers today. I think I might be the only one who doesn't read paranormal. I've never read the series. Thanks for the post though.
    My FF Post

    And don't forget to enter to win a Kindle Fire. The LPP Kindle Fire giveaway ends Monday April 30th!

    ReplyDelete

Yes! I absolutely love your comments, and, now that I have read through the blogger instructions and actually know how to answer them, we are all sweet - so please, write!