google-site-verification: google935433b691795853.html KRISTY BERRIDGE: The Small Things

Saturday 16 March 2013

The Small Things

Ever have one of those days where even the bothersome things that would usually arch your brows or send steam billowing from your ears doesn't seem to phase you?
That was my Thursday.
I was granted a temporary respite from the daily grind, lured by the hubby for a day of frivolity (not that he really had to talk me into it). Massages, Sushi, shopping, and a movie, and it was really hard for me to find fault with this plan.
In fact, even as I sat in our furnace of a car, sweating profusely while hubby did a quick IT consult beforehand, I was still yet to kick up a stink. So even as we followed on with a one hour, whole body massage and the crazy lady with pointy elbows went nuts on my behind and left me slipping and sliding all over the joint when we left, I still couldn't complain.
Sushi was freaking awesome, but I suspect that had a lot to do with the fact I hadn't eaten a single carbohydrate in over seven weeks and quickly fell into a rice coma.
Hell, it didn't even matter that I bought tickets to see Hansel & Gretel, didn't check the cinema number, and then somehow managed to lose said tickets within the thirty minutes it took to walk from the sales booth to the coffee shop. (I still strongly maintain that I gave these to hubby on the premise that I would almost certainly lose them. Looks like I was right)
Anyway, with coffee in system, and hubby and I brave enough to dart suspiciously behind the ticket checking booth, we picked a cinema at random, snickering like school kids as we wondered if we'd walked into some seedy film with boom-chicka-wow-wow music.
Cue a thirty minute long session of adverts and previews, and hubby and I started to panic that there would be no time to evacuate and find our movie without missing some sort of important punchline. Thankfully, we'd chosen correctly and actually enjoyed this creepy fairy-tale retelling.
Needless to say, at the end of the day I enjoyed the small things, even those that bugged me, like a sore ass, greasy feet, and a ridiculous parking fee.
Have a good one,

Kristy :)


1 comment:

  1. So funny! Glad you enjoyed your day.
    Have a killer weekend, Kristy!

    -Your pal from California, Jimmy
    http://jamesgarciajr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Yes! I absolutely love your comments, and, now that I have read through the blogger instructions and actually know how to answer them, we are all sweet - so please, write!