google-site-verification: google935433b691795853.html KRISTY BERRIDGE: My Third Leg

Saturday 29 October 2011

My Third Leg

Okay, so it's occurred to me that I sometimes say things without truly thinking through the meaning behind them. For instance, recently I've been complaining to a few of my friends that I've gained a couple of kilos. Of course, the chocolate I've been eating has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Anyway, so I've been running around saying to friends and believe it or not, advertising in twitter posts, that I need to stop eating junk because I'm developing a third leg. Little did I know that this seemingly innocent jest is actually a euphemism for a fella with a really big ...
Yeah, so I've been running around telling people I'm growing my very own ... um ... penis. So, despite how scientifically interesting that may be to a lot of people, I have to admit that I'm not packing anything extra at the moment except for some wayward cellulite.
So this little slip in my knowledge base got me thinking about other things we think we are legitimately saying that are actually making others snicker behind our backs. I personally have to admit that I've been laughing at a certain family member for several months. Whenever she learns new information that she wants to pass on, she always says 'I just wanted to give you a good thumbs up' instead of 'A head's up'. People just aren't sure if she's congratulating them, soliciting them, or trying to warn them.
Anyway, I'd be interested to see what you all come up with too - keep me posted!

Kristy :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, New follower from Follow Friday (thanks for following BTw) I choked on my tea reading this post. So Funny! I think you were thinking of a Hollow leg, but that is so funny. I can't think of an example off the top of my head, but I'm sure I do that too.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I was going to come and return a comment to your FF, but this is way more fun LOL I do this sort of thing like ALL the time without meaning too. My friends actually keep tally of my quotes to read back for later enjoyment.. LOL That is funny though, and it's even worse when you REALLY ARE innocent in what you're trying to say LOL

    Your posts always make me smile and laugh - thanks!

    OMG I just had to add the word for the captcha is : penons - that just sounds so wrong in light of this post LOL
    APril @ My SHelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. My biggest bungle was a time when I entered the company locker room, a black female coworker was there, she greeted me and I replied with "Hidee ho, good neighbor" (too much Tim Allen) her eyes got big and round and I thought she was going to punch me as she snarled, "What did you say to me?"

    I had forgotten that "Ho" is a very derogatory term in BlackSpeak.

    It took a while to smooth that over!

    ReplyDelete

Yes! I absolutely love your comments, and, now that I have read through the blogger instructions and actually know how to answer them, we are all sweet - so please, write!