google-site-verification: google935433b691795853.html KRISTY BERRIDGE: Spare Time

Saturday 15 October 2011

Spare Time

Well, it's another weekend. I'd like to say it's going to be fabulous - warm sunny days, garden blooming, books to read, food to eat. But in actual fact it's quite the opposite. It's raining. I'm staring up at my roof with my fingers and toes crossed in the hopes that it won't bloody leak. The garden looks like crap and my grass is dead. I can't read because I've got to much to do, and I really shouldn't eat because I'm developing a third leg. To make matters worse, the hubby and I are trapped indoors because of said rain and he's a "country music" fan.
I'm currently mopping up blood from my bleeding ears ...
Anyway, taste in music aside, I remember a time when I used to look forward to the weekend. Movies, dinners, a bit of renovation to break things up. Now it just blends in with the rest of the working week, tormenting me with the idea of spare time.
This weekend I have to put together the synopsis for my next four books and start thinking of cover design. I should probably actually work on the last book and get it finished too! There's three loads of washing with my name on it, and I had to put shoes on so that I didn't keep thinking about the fact my floor needs vacuuming.  Needless to say that spare time is a vicious rumour insistent that my mattress also needs to be flipped and my car needs to be cleaned before it spawns new bacterial life. Eeek! As you can tell I'm procrastinating, writing blogs instead of blurbs.
Well, wish me luck. I'm going to need it. Oh, and if you have some free time, please e-mail it to me, I don't have time to walk to the mailbox.

Kristy :)

1 comment:

  1. One of your best and I know just what you you mean.....

    ReplyDelete

Yes! I absolutely love your comments, and, now that I have read through the blogger instructions and actually know how to answer them, we are all sweet - so please, write!