Look out everyone, tomorrow it's Australia day in the land of thongs, BBQ's and back yard cricket. Ironically I'm not especially a fan of any of those activities, but I can appreciate Australia day for what it means to me ... A public holiday!
Yes, as unpatriotic as that sounds, I'm just damn happy that I don't have to put in a hard days work tomorrow. I can sleep in, ignore the fact that the lawn needs mowing, drink alcohol until I forget my name and eat Tim Tams until my waistline stops warring and simply gives up. I love my country, but boy do I love not having to work more!
So in honor of this great day of celebrated laziness, I thought I'd think about all the great Australian things that make me proud to be an Aussie!
1. Hugh Jackman - Super hot and talented! Need I say more?
2. John Farnham - The king of comeback and 'I have no idea what the word retirement means'.
3. The Great Barrier Reef - Too damn expensive for locals to visit regularly, but mighty impressive in the brochures!
4. Ayers Rock - That great big pile of red rock and dirt in the middle of the country.
5. Thongs - Flip Flops, other wise known as rubber footwear. We also do the bum variety too, but you can't wear those on your feet ... (Unless you're a weirdo)
6. Kangaroos - Bouncing pains in the ass when they jump in front of moving vehicles on road trips.
7. Meat Pies - Soooo fattening and you might find a finger one day, but good eating with some tomato sauce.
8. 'She'll be right, mate' - Best saying for absolutely everything you can't be bothered finding a solution for.
9. Ned Kelly - Bush Ranger and the only man in history to rock out a garbage can on his head.
10. Vegemite - Burns like a mother going down, but it puts the roses in your cheeks and makes cheese sandwiches taste awesome.
Well, that's my list. There are a hundred other things I love about my country ... but mostly it's the public holidays.
Have a good one everyone,