google-site-verification: google935433b691795853.html KRISTY BERRIDGE: Follow Friday #16

Friday 20 January 2012

Follow Friday #16

Happy Friday everyone!
Yes, it’s that time of week again where bloggers unite to participate in the Follow Friday venture. The idea behind #FF is to promote traffic to your own blog, make new friends with other like-minded bloggers and discuss new and interesting topics each week.
Participating is simple. First you need to follow my blog because I’m totally awesome, then you can follow me on Twitter @kristyberridge (actually you don’t have to do this, it’s wishful thinking), but do follow my blog or assassins will get you …
Then you must follow our illustrious hosts Rachel of http://www.parajunkee.com/ and Alison of http://www.alisoncanread.com/ If you want more details on how to enter your own blog in the follow and hop, all directions are on their webpages
Now, once you’ve followed, check out my answer to this week’s questions and don’t forget to leave a comment so I can do the right thing and follow you back!

This weeks question: What's the craziest thing that you've ever done to get your hands on any particular book?

My answer: Okay, don't get me wrong, I love to read, but really, do people actually stand in line for hours or beat competitors with a stick to get their hands on a book? My answer is hell no! The craziest thing I've ever done for a book is pay full price! Otherwise I'm happy to wait patiently until it comes on special or I can whip it up from the shelves in K-Mart for a steal. Sorry guys. Apparently I'm cheap and unenthusiastic, but I gotta say, I admire the determination of anyone else willing to do ANYTHING for a great read.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Kristy :)

6 comments:

  1. Hey Kristy! The craziest thing I ever did for a book was let my Mom drive me to the midnight release of the Harry Potter books!

    I followed you via GFC!

    Follow me back?
    I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    I used to only buy books on special until I realised how little authors actually make... so now I try to buy several per year at full price... I still have to limit it though.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Michelle - and as an author, I thank you greatly for your patronage. But since we earn so little, I really do need to continue my cheapskate lifestyle. Happy Friday and thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done anything too crazy but it is mostly because the opportunity hasn't come up! LOL
    Old Follower!
    My Feature & Follow

    ReplyDelete
  5. That in itself is crazy! I hate having to pay full price if I don't have to. But sadly I was one of the people at the midnight releases for Harry Potter.

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! Kristy that's funny! I've paid full priced for a book because I couldn't wait to get my hands on it then went into another store and there it was like $5 cheaper on sale, lol! You could read my bit of craziness on my blog http://acostaeveli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Yes! I absolutely love your comments, and, now that I have read through the blogger instructions and actually know how to answer them, we are all sweet - so please, write!